Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Roxy the bird hunter... or What are the odds?

Just now, I went outside to see if John figured out why the hot tub water level was gradually going down. Before I made it to John, I saw that Spencer's dish had been knocked off of the chair & turned upside down. Not an unusual thing since we put the dish on the chair so that Roxy won't eat his food in addition to hers. And just about every day, Roxy figures out how to knock it down -- usually after Spencer has eaten most of it. Well tonight the dish was pushed fairly tight under the BBQ - that was the only unusual thing. As I grabbed the dish to set it back on the chair, a bird flew out! Scared the crap out of me. I screamed. Spencer chased it, but the bird escaped :-(. It wasn't a small bird either - probably a pigeon or similar.
I'll be shopping for a pellet gun soon.

No comments: